Welcome to fandomfriending! So, what's this all about? Well, have you ever seen the friending frenzies for things like Harry Potter such as this? We decided to take it to another level and make it in to a community! Basically what happens is we post questions based on a fandom and you join and comment on the post if it's your fandom. So say you're a fan of Star Wars, Phantom of the Opera and Moulin Rouge. We would have seperate posts with questions relating to those movies and you would fill them out. Other people who are also fans of them would come along, fill out their own answers, and reply to your answers if they have something in common with you. So basically it's just like an "add me" community, but with a fun twist for fandoms.
We do not claim to have started this idea ourselves, so we thank whoever came up with the great idea of doing "fandom friending" through Harry Potter and other movies. This community is based on their idea- we just twisted it around.
1. No bashing/flaming will be tolerated. If this happens, depending on the sevarety, the person doing the flaming will be banned
2. Be respectful of others. If you are not a fan of a fandom that is posted, then do not comment on that post. Simply stick to your own fandom(s).
3. Try not to go too off topic. It's fine to comment and say "hey, I like the same things you do!" and then ask a question and talk about stuff, but don't let it drag on forever.
4. There will be a post specifically made for requesting a fandom you do not see on the list. Please either comment there or e-mail us with a request.
5. The community is specific to fandoms. By this we mean no talking about your favorite animals or your favorite car or something.
6. Since different fandoms could vary with the questions we'll come up with, we'll have different parts for each movie, depending on the movie. For example, with Star Wars, there's the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy. The first set of questions could be Star Wars in general; second could be specific to the original trilogy; third could be specific to the prequel trilogy; fourth could be specific to characters, etc.
7. Please make sure you friend and join the community so that you can see all of the posts with the questions. (Added in 5/4/06)
Basically this is how we'll be posting the questions for each fandom:
Movies/books- week one
Tv/movies- week two
Books/tv- week three
And will be rotated through (so movies/books would continue on week four, etc).
fandomadmin is going to be used by the mods to post announcements they'll each need to see, as well as the questions for each of the fandoms. The posts with the questions will be friends only and will have comments disabled. If you feel the need to friend it, you're welcome to do so.
Request a fandom
View past fandom surveys:
We generally want to affiliate with sites/communities that have to do with fandoms/specific fandoms. So if you have a community specific to Padme and Anakin, that would be something we could affiliate with.